I have used Emacs every day for probably the past fifteen years. I still write elisp to automate little tasks; I figured I’d post the bits that other people might find useful.
Most of these are pretty small files — one or two functions.
- gse-create-dated-file – Create files prefixed with today’s date.
- gse-iter – Insert ascending/descending numbers, one per line.
- gse-locate – Emacs front-end to ‘locate’.
- gse-number-rect – Insert a series of numbers in a rectangle. (I believe this is being integrated into GNU Emacs.)
- gse-rename – Bulk file renamer.
- gse-start-bash-here – Open an rxvt/bash window in the current directory.
- gse-underline-previous-line – Underline the previous line with dashes.